Hi, I'm Florian (he/his) and this is my personal website.
I've been focusing on technical writing & documentation engineering with a special interest for web standards and web compatibility.
For more than 10 years, my main project has been MDN Web Docs as the lead content strategist, technical writer & documentation engineer.
I live in Bremen, Germany and you can contact me via
MDN Content Lead, MozillaFull-time, May 2020 – September 2020 (5 months)
- Defining the high-level MDN content strategy, curating the MDN content roadmap
- Intelligence gathering on Firefox and Web platform updates that will require documentation
- Planning Firefox release documentation (release notes)
- Technical Writing (maintainer ECMAScript docs, HTTP docs, and various Web API docs)
- Project and technical lead of mdn-browser-compat-data ("BCD")
Staff Technical Writer, MozillaFull-time, October 2013 - May 2020 (6 years 8 months)
- Project owner of mdn-browser-compat-data (compat data used on MDN, caniuse, VS Code, Firefox Devtools, and others)
- Curating and planning Web platform content
- Co-creator of MDN HTTP docs
- Designing content structures and information architecture
- Helping localization teams and supporting the MDN volunteer community
MDN Web Docs Contributor, VolunteerPart-time, December 2009 - October 2013 (3 years 11 months)
- Documenting HTML5 and CSS3 Web technologies
- Documenting MathML
- Giving feedback on MDN's wiki engine (Kuma)
- Refactoring MDN content macros (KumaScript templates)
- Translating MDN content into German
Software Engineering, hmmh multimediahaus AGFull-time, August 2010 - October 2013 (3 years 3 months)
- Software engineering internship. Judged 98% (A) by the IHK jury.
- MDN Web Docs (Maintainer ECMAScript docs, HTTP docs, and various Web API docs)
- mdn-browser-compat-data (Maintainer, see also caniuse collaboration)
- MDN documentation linting (Mentor, Google Summer of Code 2017)
- ViewSource Amsterdam, 2019: Discussion on MDN Browser Compatibility Data
- Hack on MDN Paris, 2018: Building useful tools with browser compatibility data
- FOSDEM Brussels, 2018: The MDN Browser Compat Data Project
- Write The Docs Prague, 2015: Gardening Open Docs
- Many MDN Doc Sprints, including the very first Web Standards Doc Sprint in Paris, 2010.